Full time Medical Coder
Perks include working in a new office remodeled in 2020. Brand new PC. Delicious catered lunch on an almost daily basis.
Lowell Family Office is a well-respected primary care medical practice looking for an enthusiastic team player to join us as a medical coder/office associate.
You will learn all aspects of working in a primary care medical office, including developing expertise in eClinicalworks EMR. You will work as a team within a family practice to serve the greater Lowell area.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Responsible for ICD 10 and CPT data entry into the eClinicalworks Electronic Medical Record per provider instructions.
• Manage incoming and outgoing faxes including prescriptions, referrals and medical records.
• Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
• Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician and patients.
• Assist with front office duties as needed including answering phone calls and check-in check-out.
• Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations.
• Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider.
• Abides by all applicable policy and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
• Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Familiarity with eClinicalworks strongly preferred.
• Basic computer knowledge including how to organize folders in Windows 10.
• Knowledge about ICD10 and CPT codes.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality/HIPPA confidentiality required.
• Extremely detailed oriented with strong work ethic and communication skills.
• Must be coachable and a fast learner.
• Spanish speaking preferred.